Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Reflection of Meatrix Video

To be honest, I have never watched The Matrix. I didn't really have the background knowledge needed to completely understand the video. However, from what I have learned in class, I could follow along well enough. I did, though, read Glenn's article on the Factory Farm Industry and it definitely related to the video. Glenn used a lot of the same terminology as the the characters in the video did. They also expressed the same concerns- meaning both were against the treatment of animals and the industry in general.
I never really thought I'd be talking about The Matrix, The Meatrix, and the Factory Farm Industry in English class. It sounds a little outlandish to outsiders I presume, but learning about each has honestly helped me understand the concept of discourse community and the strategies implemented in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment